BSA Troop 210 has a diverse historical past dating back in the early 1940's to present day in the Conneautville Area. A condensed version of the Troop History is shown below:
March 23, 1943
BSA Troop 210 is originally chartered by the Fellows Club Fire Department. BSA Troop 210 begins with 12 new scouts, 1 transferred scout, and 5 adults.
1943 - 1954
The troop begins by meeting on Monday nights at the Power Hotel Rooms in the American Legion. Over time, the meeting night changes as well as location shifts from the Legion to the Conneautville City Building. Additional scouts and scout leaders as well as different scout leaders takes place due to the war and other factors back home. BSA Troop 210 obtains it first Eagle Scout, Jack W. Samuels, in March of 1953.
1955 - 1964
The troop charter is transferred from the Fellows Club Fire Department to the American Legion in 1955. Once again meeting times and locations vary from place to place but beginning in 1959 the troop begins to meet at the Elementary School even though still sponsored by the American Legion. During this time, many of the scouts reach First Class rank and then transfer to Post 2210, also sponsored by the American Legion for the older Explorer Scouting program.
1965 - 1969
The troop charter is transferred to the First Methodist Church in 1965. Over time the First Methodist Church becomes the Valley United Methodist Church. Scouts continue to advance and then transfer to Explorer Post 2210. At the end of 1969, Troop 210 is disbanded for a few years until 1974.
1974 - Present
The troop charter is re-established by the Valley UM Church in March of 1974. The Valley UM Church continues to sponsor BSA Troop 210 as well as Cub Scout Pack 210 (and when warranted Venturing Crew 210). BSA Troop 210 obtains its second Eagle Scout, Randall W. Welker on May 2, 1983. Since then, many scouts and scout leaders have come along the way as well as additional Eagle Scouts. More information will be added here once the research has been complete.
1987 - 1995
Troop 203 is chartered in Springboro in 1987 and some of the scouts and scout leaders leave Troop 210 for this new Troop. Around 1995 Troop 203 is disbanded.
September 5, 2002
Due to changes at the District level the Crawford District becomes the Washington Trail District. The name change reflects the values and characteristics of George Washington. The Washington Hiking Trail is in a portion of our district and so it naturally is the inspiration for our new district name.
December 1, 2016
Once again due to changes in French Creek Council our unit transfers from the Washington Trail District to now Chief Kiondashawa District. The entire council was re-districted to accommodate membership numbers and potential required federal regulations on scout employees.